It has been AWHILE. As always, I’m not going to make any wack excuses. To be completely honest, I needed to take time for myself. In the last few months (of which I took my little hiatus) I was focusing on finishing college and enjoying every single second of it.
Anyways, I’m back now! I’ve missed working on StyLin a lot. Now as a post-grad student I have more time than ever to create new content. While I take the time to shoot some new images, I thought I’d give you guys a little update on my life.
- I just got my B.A. in Psychology.
- I landed my dream job at Nordstrom.
- I moved into a studio apartment by myself.
- AND (what today’s post is about) I FINALLY got eyelash extensions. Lol. I know, it’s not that exciting.
If you know me, getting eyelash extensions is something that I have always wanted to do. I would literally go through phases where I wanted them so bad that I would spend hours watching YouTube videos about the whole process, what they’re like, etc., but for some reason, I never could bring myself to quite do it. The other day I made the spontaneous decision to just freaking do it. I booked myself an appointment at Noir Lash Lounge in Seattle…and the rest is history. I’ve had them for a few days now and I LOVE them. My lash technician did an amazing job and made them super natural looking which I’m all about. If you’re at all like me, you will overanalyze every little thing so I thought I’d make it easy and make a quick pro’s and con’s list about them.
- Self-confidence boost! I literally feel like I never have to wear makeup again.
- Super natural They have so many options and are super helpful in your personal decision of what works best for you. I ended up getting 12’s with a natural curl.
- Last up to 3 weeks.
- (Obviously) make your lashes longer! I have super straight stubborn Asian eyelashes so finding the perfect mascara has been quite an adventure. While I’ve found a few that I like, they just never gave me the kind of results I was looking for.
- They’re waterproof so I can still go swimming, workout, and keep up my daily cleansing.
- They are somewhat high maintenance. While they do last up to 3 weeks before needing a fill, 3 weeks might seem like a pretty frequent need for upkeep. BUT if you think about it, how often do you get your nails done?
- Had to update and change my beauty routine. I’ve had to re-learn how to wash my face. This seems silly, but I can’t rub my eyes anymore so I’ve been working around them literally. I’ve also had to cut out my favorite Khiels eye cream due to the oil. If you know of any good eye creams with minimal oil PLEASE leave a comment.
- I feel very aware/ almost paranoid about touching my face. I think this will disappear once I adjust to them for a longer period of time.
So there ya have it, the quick and dirty rundown of my favorite (and least favorite) parts about having eyelash extensions so far. And the answer is yes, I would get them again. I’ve booked my appointment for a fill in the next few weeks so I’ll make sure to update you all then! Let me know if you want to hear more about the upkeep or have any other questions about them!
Check out noir lash lounge here.