I’m going to keep today’s post short and simple. As you all know I’ve been delving into the beauty world and loving trying new makeup and skincare products. Today I’m sharing my current beauty favorites. These are the products that I’ve been reaching for the most!
- A moisturizing primer- I think moisturizing your skin during any season is a must. However, in the Spring and Summer months I like to leave my skin feeling more natural, rather than packing on a pore perfecting foundation. My go to has been the Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer. It’s the perfect product to prep your skin without feeling like you’re leaving a huge layer of film on your skin. It’s not greasy and is SO lightweight.
- A glowy base- I have been LOVING the L’oreal True Match Lumi Glotion (medium) and the Glow Boosting Drops (golden hour). They are the perfect product’s to give your skin the glow it deserves. I typically like to apply the Glotion as a base after applying primer. For the Boosting Drops I like to mix them into whatever foundation I’m wearing.
- A light coverage foundation- I don’t know about you but I sweat A LOT (sorry if that’s TMI), so the last thing I want to do in the Spring and Summer months is put on a full coverage foundation. My current two favorites are the Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint (dark) and the Mac Face and Body. The Glossier skin tint is super super super light. I almost wouldn’t even call it a foundation, but it’s good for those fast-paced typical days when you don’t want to stress about sweating off your face. Mac Face and Body has a bit more coverage and is good for any occasion (i.e., going out on the town, going to a nice boujee brunch, going on a date). Like the Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint, its still lightweight and make’s your skin look still like your’s only better!
- A versatile concealer- The NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer is a true gem. On lazy days I pop some of this on over my spots and dark under eye circles and call it good, no foundation necessary. However, it can be nice to add a little more coverage to the light foundations I previously mentioned.
- A cream/ liquid blush- One of my long-time favorites is the Wet n’ Wild MegaGlo makeup stick (when the nude strikes). It’s super easy to apply and blends in so nicely just using your fingers! More recently, I’ve been loving the Glossier Cloud Paint (dusk) as an alternative to the MegaGlo stick. I like trying to incorporate cream/liquid products during the warmer months because it’s less worrisome when the sweat starts creepin in.
- A warm bronzer- I LOVE bronzer. My go to drugstore bronzer is the Wet N’ Wild Color Icon Bronzer (ticket to Brazil). It’s nice and light and has a little bit of sheen so it goes perfectly with any glowing highlight. On the higher end spectrum, I’ve been loving the Bobbi Brown Bronzer (natural). The color I have is a bit deeper so it works well to both sculpt and bronze at the same time.
- A bright lip- Spring and Summer are the perfect seasons to break out the bright color lipsticks. If you’ve been following my account you’ll know that I have been obsessed with the Lancôme Matte Shakers (pink wink, magic orange, nude Delhi, and kiss me cherie.) The formula is perfect, it goes on so smooth and doesn’t dry out the lips at all.
Those are all of my absolute musts! I’ve also linked a few other favorites not mentioned in the top 7 just for fun. If you have any Spring and Summer beauty staples please leave a comment below because I’m always looking to try new things!
SHOP THE PRODUCTS